30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 21

Day 21 - Do you have other hobbies/interests that you bring into your classroom teaching? Explain.
When I was still in the classroom teaching 5th grade science, there was no hiding my love of EdTech.  In Richardson ISD, I was THRILLED to have a TV that acted as a dual monitor for my computer.  I was designing "high-tech" I have...Who has... activities using power point and projecting it to the class via my TV.  :)  Moving to Brenham ISD, I was lucky enough to get a projector (that I hung from my dropped ceiling in a mail basket!) and even received a grant for interactive response clickers.  Today, EdTech is still my biggest hobby/interest!  I am able to bring events like the Texas Google Summit to my district to benefit my local teaching community!!  And I guess if you count my consumption of chocolate as a hobby or interest, I can say there is ALWAYS a good supply of chocolate treats in my office for any of my visitors!  :)


Comments